Extra- Curricular Activities
Due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, our first academic term of 2020/2021, is a little different to normal. At this particular time, the KHDA has advised, that schools only offer online extra-curricular activities (ECA’s).
From my teaching experience, I feel that there is often too much ‘screen time’ and opportunities for children to be creative and explore exciting STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) based projects, offer far more benefits to developing the all-important 21st century learning skills!
So, I have come up with a special package to get children experimenting at home and taking part in fun competitions to develop their passion for learning.
So we have 3 different extra-curricular (ECA) packages available for children aged 3-5, 6-9 and 10-14 years. We have developed these packages depending on how many hours you would like your child to spend on their My Discovery Lab ECA in term one (which is 12 -14 weeks long) and how far you would like to extend their scientific enquiry skills. We have the following options:
- (1) Discover Science Package – spend up to 1 hour per week
- (2) Advanced Science Package – spend up to 2 hours per week
- (3) Master Science Package – spend up to 3 hours per week
Discover Science Package
Advanced Science Package
(1) Blast Off, Figuring out how forces work (Physics focus)
(3) Small Seeds & Mighty Trees: Investigating plant growth (Biology)
(4) Cool Colour Science: Explore impressive scientiöc
(6) Amazing Animal Adaptations: Exploring animal adaptations (Biology)